Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is The Big Boy?

The Big Boy is a code name for Toyota Stadium, Cronulla Sharks Leagues club and the Cronulla Sharks NRL Rugby League Team.

I dont know why it has this name, but about ten years ago my friend Levi christened it as such (in fact, it was just the King Wan Chinese Restaurant that he christened "The Big Boy", but since then term has grown to encompass all things Shark and the King Wan has now reverted to the moniker "The Original Big Boy") and that name will stick because it is an awesome name....

I have been a long term supporter of the club and am reasonably close to some of the staff down there. As such, this will be a blog that discusses all things Sharkie, political goings on within the club, player movements etc. I will also try to interview directors, staff, players, coaches and wait staff from the original big boy to become some kind of independent source of information about the worst NRL team currently in existence. That is not a criticism, I love them, but lets face facts, they are the worst in the comp and If you like them as much as I do, there is something wrong with you.

I know that no-one will care about this blog, but that doesnt really worry me one iota.

I also like punk rock, folk punk, surfing, BALI, and other random shit that I will blog about from time to time.

4 comments:

  1. this blog sux

    millers

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MILLERS!
    Welcome to the big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeker killed the SharksJune 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM

    What will last longest
    The Sharks in the Shire or this blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will the Sharks still be around when I get out of jail ?

    ReplyDelete